Alan G. Dunn, President
GDI Consulting & Training Company
140 North Maple Street, Suite 105
Corona, California 92880-6996 USA
(951) 736-1281 phone
(951) 736-1857 fax
(714) 335-1361 mobile phone
Alan G. Dunn is President of GDI Consulting & Training Company and is the founding sponsor of the Manufacturing Executive Institute (MEI), a manufacturing industry training provider with state-of-the-art classroom and web-enabled training facilities in southern California. Mr. Dunn is also a Partner in Dunkirk Governance Specialists, LLC, a Virginia-based consulting firm that provides governance consulting services to private company Boards of Directors.
Before founding GDI, Mr. Dunn was a Vice President at Gemini Management Consulting (now CapgeminiUS) and a Partner at Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers). In both positions, Mr. Dunn was responsible for leading large teams of technical manufacturing consultants in innovative productivity enhancement projects. For the ten years prior to joining Coopers & Lybrand, Mr. Dunn was President, (and Founder) of ADI, a successful systems implementation consulting and training company that Mr. Dunn sold to Coopers & Lybrand in 1990.
In addition to his 30 years of technical and management consulting experience, Mr. Dunn has several years of line management experience in manufacturing environments. He has extensive background in most functions within a manufacturing company and has participated heavily in over 240 manufacturing and distribution consulting projects inside over 150 companies. Mr. Dunn has consulted in more than 20 countries and most industrial sectors. Mr. Dunn is best known for his expert knowledge in:
- Complex manufacturing systems, methods & factory process designs, including LEAN prinicpals.
- Integrated cost accounting systems design and implementation.
- Supply chain methods and processes, including proven methodologies for comprehensively assessing performance and risks of mission-critical suppliers.
- High-performance management and leadership tools, including decision making and analysis toolsets.
- Performance metrics & compensation systems design and implementation.
- Project management, including all technical, organizational & behavioral phases.
- Corporate governance processes.
- Acquisition due-diligence methods with a particular focus on operational due-diligence.
- Shareholder value enhancements, including proven metrics for measuring enterprise valuation.
Alan is also known as a capable mentor and instructor. He is a passionate advocate of the manufacturing industry as the most significant long-term "productive capital" contributor to industrial society.
Mr. Dunn regularly presents executive workshops at the Center for Technology & Management Education (CTME) of the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in Pasadena, California. Mr. Dunn instructs and manages the CTME certificate programs in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management and Production Management. He is also a regular instructor at the Manufacturing Executive Institute (MEI), where he presents numerous workshops and webinars. Over the duration of his career, Alan has developed and presented a significant number of multi-day executive workshops at numerous other venues throughout the world, including executive-level Operational Due Diligence courses for the American Management Association (AMA).
Alan is a current contributor and is on the Executive Committee of the Society of Cost Management (SCM). Mr. Dunn is also past President of the Orange County Chapter of APICS where he also served for 8 years on the Board of Directors. He also served as Chairman of the 1989 APICS International Conference and Technical Exposition and has served for several years on the APICS Body-of-Knowledge Council, an important group of individuals who are tasked with defining the operations management body of knowledge. Mr. Dunn was also a past Chairman of the APICS Education Strategy Committee. Alan continues as an active member in APICS and is a Certified Practitioner in Inventory & Production Management (CPIM). He is also a current contributor to the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) where he won the prestigious Director of the Year Award in 2007 for his contributions to the profession of corporate governance.
Mr. Dunn has substantial experience in organization governance; having served on a number of private, public and non-profit Boards of Directors. In addition to his own Board of Directors, Mr. Dunn currently serves as an independent Director on the following Boards:
- Idaho Asphalt Supply Corporation, the largest western states producer of asphalt paving and road coating products, with liquid asphalt manufacturing facilities located across seven states. Mr. Dunn is also Chairman of the Board’s Compensation & Audit Committees.
- Natural Alternatives International, Inc (NASDAQ: NAII) an international producer of nutritional supplements with cGMP & TGA compliant factories in California and Switzerland. Mr. Dunn is also a Member of the Board’s Compensation and Audit Committees.
Mr. Dunn holds a BA degree in business management from California State University in Fullerton.